[Mailman-Users] Duplicate message

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Mar 20 12:27:51 CET 2015

On 03/20/2015 02:59 AM, len ward wrote:
> Hi
> Every time I send a message, or anyone for that matter, a duplicate message
> is received.  The avoid duplicate button is off.  Can you help please?

If avoid duplicates is Off, you will receive duplicates if you are a
direct recipient of the message. E.g., if the message is sent To: the
list with Cc: to you, you will receive both the list copy and the direct
Cc:.

Also, duplication is sometimes due to filtering rules in your MUA
creating the duplicates.

If neither of the above explains it, we'd need to see at a minimum the
full headers from both copies to be able to say more.