[Mailman-Users] No mail received

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Mar 5 02:29:37 CET 2015

On 03/04/2015 05:09 PM, len ward wrote:
> I changed it from No to Munge to Wrap and Wrap works although the text
> of the original email is wrapped in another email and is well down the
> body of the email.  Munge did not work.  Have I got some other settings
> wrong or are the server settings blocking.  As emails will only go to
> everyone on Wrap (six lines down in General Options)

If setting from_is_list to Wrap Message allows the mail to go through, I
don't know why Munge From would not also work. Please read the info at
the "(Details for from_is_list)" link on the General Options page for
more on this.

Further, these settings should only affect delivery of list mail that is
From: an aol.com or yahoo.com address. For a setting that applies these
message transformations only to those messages, see Privacy options...
-> Sender filters -> dmarc_moderation_action.

To further diagnose exactly what the problem is and why Wrap Message
appears to work but Munge From doesn't probably will require information
from Mailman's bounce and error logs and the outgoing MTA logs. If you
don't have access to these, we will be willing to work with whoever does
if you can get them to pursue it.

Please keep this thread on the list if not posting private information.