[Mailman-Users] List member seen as non-member by Mailman?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Mar 2 17:56:50 CET 2015

On 03/02/2015 03:43 AM, Ulf Dunkel wrote:

> On one of the lists, I frequently get admin messages to accept messages
> to the list, sent by non-members. But when I check them, their email
> addresses are definitely in the list.

I'd like a bit more information.

When you go to the admindb summary page, what is the 'reason' why the
message is held, and what if any of the following does it also say?
 'The sender is now a member of this list'
 'Add <address> to one of these sender filters:'
 'Clear this member's moderate flag'

> None of the members are set to be moderated, nor do I find any other
> restrictions.
> Is there anything I can have overseen so that Mailman doesn't recognize
> these list members?

Are the email addresses in the list exactly the same (except for case)
as the sender address? I.e., user at mail.example.com may be the same
person as user at example.com, but Mailman doesn't know that.