[Mailman-Users] Migration missing held messages

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Jun 27 17:59:54 CEST 2015

On 06/26/2015 05:35 PM, Peter Draksler wrote:

> I did find the held messages are in /var/lib/mailman/data and migrated
> them but the admin GUI shows there are No Pending Requests.
>
> Doing a dumpdb on the migrated request.db file lists all the held
> messages but they're not in the request.pck file.

I'm not sure how this happened. How exactly did you do the migration. If
you did something which ran bin/update, It should migrate the requests.
Even now, if you still have the requests.db files in the lists/LISTNAME/
directories, running 'bin/update --force' may do it.

> The config.db file was converted to config.pck without any issues.  Is
> there something I missed?

It is a good idea, after migration is complete to remove the old
config.db and config.db.last files and probably the requests.db as well.

The reason is that if for some reason at some future time, there is an
issue with the config.pck(.last) files, Mailman will fall back the the
config.db if it's there, and all of a sudden your list reverts to an old
state. It's better to discover the issue when it occurs than to find out
days or more later that the list has reverted to an old state.