[Mailman-Users] how to force mailman send a message to all members at a time?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jun 23 03:26:30 CEST 2015

On 06/22/2015 02:44 AM, surdet wrote:
> I have installed mailman version 2.1.12 with postfix. I have 6 members
> of a list. I found some time  mailman send a message to 4 members and 10
> minutes later it send a message to 2 members remaining. How can I force
> mailman send a message to all members at a time?

Mailman or Postfix? If Postfix is accepting all the recipients, the all
should be delivered at about the same time.

One possibility is Mailman starts delivering to Postfix and the initial
transaction gets Postfix going and it delivers the 4 it's seen to that
point and then goes to sleep for a while before checking it's queue again.

Check your Postfix logs to determine when the messages arrive and when
they are processed. This is likely a Postfix issue.

Also look at Mailman's 'smtp' and 'smtp-failure' logs to see what they
say about delivery times and any retryable failures.