[Mailman-Users] accept_these_nonmembers and case sensitivity

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jun 18 16:53:13 CEST 2015

On 06/17/2015 11:08 PM, Ephraim Silverberg wrote:
> In Mailman 2.1.17, a user is listed under Privacy options->Sender
> filters->accept_these_nonmembers as:
>
>     someone at somedomain
>
> This individual sent a message to the list as:
>
>     Someone at somedomain
>
> I.e. with the first letter of the username capitilised.
>
> Since Mailman's policy is LCE, I would expect the message to
> be sent to the list members seemlessly, but this is not what
> happened.
>
>> From the Exim logs, Mailman sent the sender and moderator a
> "Post by non-member to a members-only list" message, but also
> simultaneously sent the message to the list members WITHOUT
> the moderator having approved the message, giving the sender
> the impression that the message hadn't been sent out.

First of all, the *_these_nonmember checks are not case sensitive.

Then, I don't see a way that Mailman could notify the poster and admin
that a post is held and then deliver the same post to the same list
without further action.

What is in Mailman's vette log from this time frame?
If there is a post held message, what is the message-id in that log
message and is it the same as that of the delivered post and is the
poster's email address in that message someone at somedomain (i.e.
identical except for case to the accept_these_nonmembers address)?

For that matter is the list name what you expect?