[Mailman-Users] Difference in admin page URL

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jun 5 17:19:37 CEST 2015

On 06/05/2015 05:11 AM, Selva Gaja wrote:

> Please clarify me, The version is making any differences? If I did any
> mistake please give me the correct solutions.

The difference is your server Mailman is cPanel (or possibly some other
downstream modified Mailman). cPanel appends '_domain' to the list name
in order to allow lists in different domains to have the same apparent name.

> How to do unique the list admin page URL?

If you want to access the admin pages on both machines with similar
URLs, you would need to create the list in your local machine with name
demo_domain, but then the email address of that list would be
demo_domain at ... and not demo at ... as it is in cPanel unless you did
something non-standard in your local MTA.

In short, cPanel has modified Mailman is ways that make it inconsistent
with an unmodified mailman.