[Mailman-Users] some mailman questions

Andrew Hodgson andrew at hodgsonfamily.org
Mon Jul 20 16:41:02 CEST 2015

Mark T wrote:

>Hi can any one help with the following

>1 i have set all my mailing lists to private
>how do i get the list to show up in mailman only if i go to the page it ses no  public lists advertised witch is what i want only had non members trying to send messages
>i have made a page in wordpress with all our lists on

I am not sure what you are trying to do here, if you turn off the display of lists on the /listinfo page, people can still send emails to the list if they know about them from other means (I.e, Google searches, your Wordpress site etc).

>2. if i update my linode server will it break my mailman only i was told it would
>the version i am useing is 2.1.16rc2 witch i was also told is the most accessible for the blind

For what it's worth I run a load of lists on 2.1.20 which is the latest stable release and most if not all the users are blind and using it fine with assistive technology.  In terms of your version, you are using a pre-release/beta version, so depending on how you installed that would give you more ideas about whether updating the VM OS would break things.  What OS is the VM running now, is is being patched etc?

>3 is there a way of changing all my passwords with out doing them one by one

Do you mean your list admin passwords or something else?

Thanks.
Andrew.