[Mailman-Users] MM3/HyperKitty and importing Malman2 lists

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 03:02:16 CEST 2015

Hi,

Thanks for the good work bringing us Mailman3. I'm doing a new install,
which is intended to import data from a different server which had been
running Mailman2. I've used the mailman-bundler to install and have a
few questions. At this point, I'm still using the SQLite backend but
have hopes of using MySQL (I know MySQL better than PostgreSQL, and the
manual seems to imply that sticking with SQLite may not be ideal).

I'm currently attempting to import the old mbox into Hyperkitty[0],
which I think I've adapted in to

eggs/HyperKitty-1.0.1-py2.7.egg/hyperkitty/ -l testing at example.org
/home/mailman/old-list.mbox

Which doesn't say much (full output below[1]), but didn't fully work.
Out of approximately 18300 messages, only six are visible to me through
the "Mailing-List Archives" web page, and one of them has a very strange
date. It is the second message of the mbox, from 9 Apr 2001, but appears
in the web page with approximately the date/time of the import: 9 July
2015  7:27 p.m. Additionally, the remaining five messages are all the
most recent -- with the exception of the most recent message not
appearing at all.

Additionally, if I use the Search box to search for a word that I know
appears in (at least) one message, I get no results found.

I feel I'm missing something here, any idea what it could be?

Furthermore, I haven't found any substantial documentation on importing
a subscriber list from Mailman2; is there anything that will allow me to
transfer subscribers, their digest preference, and so on without
requiring them all to resubscribe manually?

Thanks in advance,
~isaac

0 - https://hyperkitty.readthedocs.org/en/latest/development.html

1 -