[Mailman-Users] spam filter not working

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Jul 5 05:01:09 CEST 2015

On 07/04/2015 10:32 AM, Bernie Cosell wrote:

> I've looked through the headers and it appears that my service provider
> only runs spam assassin *AFTER* the message goes through mailman -- the
> spam assassin headers come *after* all the mailman headers.   I don't
> know if I can fix/change that or what to do.   I'll have to talk to the
> service provider about that.

You can verify this be say setting yourself moderated on the list,
sending a post and then examining the headers od the held message in the
admindb interface. It seems to me that your reasoning is sound, but if
the headers aren't there in the held message, that would be good evidence.

It does seem strange however if the outbound mail is going through the
same MTA that it would apply spam filtering to outbound mail and not to
inbound mail. Perhaps the spamassassin headers are added even further
down stream, e.g. by your own fantasyfarm.com MTA, and not by the
Mailman server at all.