[Mailman-Users] spam filter not working

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Jul 4 17:22:08 CEST 2015

On 07/03/2015 09:03 AM, Bernie Cosell wrote:
> I've looked through the FAQs and the archives and my spam filters *OUGHT*
> to work.  But it seems they're not and I don't know why.
>
> I have a spam filter set to 'hold':
>
> X-Spam-Level:\s*\*\*\*
>
> And a message with these headers just got blasted out to the list:

> 	HK_RANDOM_REPLYTO,RCVD_IN_PSBL,RDNS_NONE,SPF_NEUTRAL shortcircuit=no
> 	autolearn=no version=3.3.2
>
> Do I have the RE wrong somehow?  THANKS!

I would use

^X-Spam-Level:\s*\*\*\*

but yours should match any with 3 or more stars, in particular the one
above.

Is it possible it was held and approved? Check Mailman's 'vette' log or
check the received massage for an X-Mailman-Approved-At: header.

Do you have other header_filter_rules? In particular, one before this
with an action of Accept?