[Mailman-Users] Unable to access Mailman Web interface

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Jul 4 16:22:43 CEST 2015

On 07/03/2015 03:59 PM, Steve Matzura wrote:

> Interesting: My $prefix is /usr/lib/mailman. However, there is a
> /var/lib/mailman as that's where archives is. It's owned and grouped
> properly, and it does have the 1-bit set in the 'other' portion of its
> permissions mask. I can definitely fix that. But why does this all
> appear in /var/lib/mailman and not /usr/lib/mailman?

Mailman has two main configuration paths, $prefix for immutable code,
etc. and $var_prefix for mutable data. By default, $var_prefix =
$prefix, but in your case, you or the packager whose package you
installed configured mailman with $prefix=/usr/lib/mailman and
$var_prefix=/var/lib/mailman. This is not unusual.

I referred to $prefix rather than $var_prefix in a prior reply only
because that was the term you used.

Also, please post to this list from your subscribed address
<sm at noisynotes.com>. Posting from alternative addresses results in
moderation delay and possible rejection or discard of your 'non-member'
posts.