[Mailman-Users] Unable to access Mailman Web interface

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jul 3 15:50:58 CEST 2015

On 07/03/2015 03:24 AM, Steve Matzura wrote:

> Understood. Since this is really a new installation (I didn't copy
> archives from the old system because they're not really of any use),
> $prefix/archives doesn't exist yet. I'll keep the above in mind and
> implement it when list traffic commences on this installation.

$prefix/archives and the private/ and public/ sub-directories thereof
are created on installation, and if Mailman is running there must be a
'mailman' site list and thus $prefix/archives/private/mailman/ and
$prefix/archives/private/mailman.mbox/ subdirectories whether or not
they contain any actual archives.

Further, If $prefix/archives/private didn't exist, check_perms would
have thrown a "OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:" exception
instead of reporting it was o+x.