[Mailman-Users] Permissions error

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jul 3 01:46:00 CEST 2015

On 07/02/2015 09:23 AM, Steve Matzura wrote:
> On Thu, 02 Jul 2015 08:23:23 -0700, you wrote:
>
>> Mailman is sending a notice to the 'mailman' list and it's
>> undeliverable. That doesn't look like a 'bounce' log message. It looks
>> more like 'post' log. What's in the 'smtp-failure' log?
>
> Jul 02 16:12:13 2015 (1308)
> <mailman.53.1435726803.13146.mailman@{my-domain.com}> smtp to mailman
> for 1 recips, completed in 4.225 seconds
> Jul 02 16:12:17 2015 (1308)
> <mailman.98.1435726804.13146.mailman@{my-domain.com}> smtp to mailman
> for 1 recips, completed in 4.159 seconds

And those look like 'smtp' log messages, not 'smtp-failure'

> There is one additional wrinkle here. I have two systems, one
> production, one test. They are near duplicates of each other except
> for age of software--production's old, test is near-current. Haven't
> installed MM 2.1.20 yet. It would be all right if the messages to
> mailman@{my-domain.com} went to the wrong machine, but they don't seem
> to be going anywhere.

And once again, what's in the Postfix logs for these failures and for
the message sent to {list-name}-subscribe at MyDomain.com?

If messages to Mailman are being routed to the Dovecot transport, they
won't be properly delivered. If you are using aliases, Mailman's mail
has to be routed to the 'local' transport.