[Mailman-Users] Sub-lists

Peter Shute pshute at nuw.org.au
Thu Jul 2 01:22:57 CEST 2015

Ron Webb wrote:
> If there
> is any concern about something said, as the facilitator of
> communications, I wish to just say I do not save
> communications. If a group member wishes to save something,
> that is up to them, as is the case with how we are doing email now.
>
> I will also wish to add some type of disclaimer that no one
> will probably give it much thought, but it will state that
> statements made are the of the sole responsibility of the
> author of the statement and they are not the official opinion
> of the corporation nor the union and the maintainer of the
> list does not archive messages. I'm sure I'll come up with
> much better wording than that but I'm sure you get the gist.

This part could be tricky. Most list members will "save" (i.e. forget to delete) at least some if not most of the messages they receive. Lots of them will contain quoted material written by other list members. In other words, none of you will have much control over how much of what you say on the list will be available to others later if they get access to list members' mailboxes.

Are these corporate mailboxes you'll be using, or private ones? I've never used it, but you can have regular expression in ban_list to prevent people subscribing with their work addresses.

Peter Shute