[Mailman-Users] Anther Permissions Problem

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Jan 26 01:26:21 CET 2015

On 01/25/2015 07:25 AM, Dennis Putnam wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> Thanks for the reply. From the install the group is 'mailman' and the
> permissions are as you suggested.
>
> drwxrws--x. 8 root mailman 4096 Nov 20  2012 private
> drwxrwsr-x. 2 root mailman 4096 Nov 20  2012 public
>
> For grins I change the group to 'apache' but no joy.
>
> drwxrws--x. 8 root apache 4096 Nov 20  2012 private
> drwxrwsr-x. 2 root apache 4096 Nov 20  2012 public

This is VERY BAD. The group MUST be mailman. If anything change the
owner only on archives/private, but this is unnecessary with o+x on the
directory which you have.

> FYI, selinux is disabled.

OK.

What's in the apache error_log for these accesses? If the error is
permissions, check that each directory in the path
mailman/archives/private/LISTNAME/* is o+rx except for 'private' itself
which only needs to be o+x.