[Mailman-Users] Subscriber's reply to my message gets sent to the list: how to prevent it

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Jan 25 07:26:59 CET 2015

On 01/24/2015 07:33 PM, paul at nangoku-jiyu-jin.net wrote:

> As far as I recall I cc’d myself at my mac address. She responded to the same list address saying “thank you” and somehow THAT MESSAGE got sent out to everyone.
>
> Not a big problem, but am trying to figure out how it happened,
>

> Some of my settings are:
>
> --new members moderated
>
> --hold when a moderated members posts
>
> How is this possible that the subscriber’s email made it through to the list?   I want to make sure this does not happen again.

Have you looked at her address in the web admin Membership Management...
-> Membership List to verify that her address is moderated?

If it is, is it possible that the copy you received didn't actually come
through the list?

To say any more, I'd need to see the complete raw message with all
headers that you received.