[Mailman-Users] Digest Volume Frequency

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jan 22 17:53:36 CET 2015

On 01/22/2015 08:17 AM, Peter Knowles wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I set the "Digest Volume Frequency" to "Weekly" is there a way set the
> day which messages are sent out (Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat)?

"Digest Volume Frequency" has nothing to do with when digests are sent.
It only controls how often the digest volume number is incremented and
the issue number set back to 1.

If you want to control when periodic digests are sent, you can adjust
Mailman's crontab to run cron/senddigests only say on Wednesdays.

Doing this for a single list is tricky. You could have an entry like, e.g.

0 12 * * 3 /usr/bin/python /usr/local/mailman/cron/senddigests -l list1

to send a periodic digest for list1 at noon on Wednesdays, but then you
would also need a separate entry with '-l list2 -l list3 ...' naming
every other list to send daily digests for those lists, and if you added
a list without updating this, it would get no periodic digests at all,
and you can't run senddigests without -l because that will do all lists
including list1.