[Mailman-Users] Diagnosing command failures

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jan 22 03:03:58 CET 2015

On 01/21/2015 08:42 AM, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> And, you could send him an email with a
> <mailto:LISTNAME-request at ...?subject=who%20PASSWORD> link in it hand
> have him just click that and send.
>
> I assume you can find his password with something like
>
> bin/dumpdb lists/LISTNAME/config.pck | grep <his email>
>
> since your original request was for logs.

It occurs to me that possibly he is having so much difficulty because
his password contains leading or trailing white space. I don't think
this is possible with recent versions, but there have been bugs in this
area in the past. What is your Mailman version? have you seen his
password with something like the above?