[Mailman-Users] Automatic addition/removal of aliases no longer works

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Jan 5 19:27:30 CET 2015

On 01/05/2015 09:03 AM, Anne Anderson wrote:

> We upgraded to *2.1.14* not too long ago and made the discovery that when a
> new list is created, the *lines that used to get written automatically into
> the aliases file are no longer automatically written,* instead they are
> displayed on the screen with the instructions to cut and paste them in.
> (This change may have occurred long ago as far as we know; our previous
> version was *2.1.9*)

I suspect that your prior version had set MTA = 'Postfix', and this got
lost in the upgrade. If you had set

MTA = 'Postfix'

in mm_cfg.py as you should have (see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/fIA9>), it wouldn't be lost in a normal upgrade,
so maybe this was set in Defaults.py.

Anyway, setting

MTA = 'Postfix'