[Mailman-Users] max_message_size, how do I change behavior (reject, instead of hold for moderation) and/or notification message (when exceeded)

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Feb 25 16:21:30 CET 2015

On 02/25/2015 05:38 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:

> I have some lists that have a max_size set, and when someone sends an
> email that exceeds this size, it gets held for moderation, and the
> sender gets a notification of this, but it is a custom one that I wrote
> myself.
>
> Now, I'd like to change this behavior - I want to REJECT these messages
> - but can't for the life of me figure out how to do this, or at the very
> least , change the notification text to inform them that their message
> will be discarded, as opposed to 'eventually dealt with'...

It is possible you just modified the messages in the MessageTooBig class
definition in Mailman/Handlers/Hold.py. The postheld.txt template is
also involved in the notice to the user, but it is used for all held
messages so it seems unlikely you changed that.

You can reject the message rather than holding it, but that would
require (further) modification to Mailman/Handlers/Hold.py.