[Mailman-Users] Creating a new list - "Bug in Mailman version 2.1.15"

Kevin Nowaczyk beakerboy99 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 24 16:55:22 CET 2015

>Your aliases and virtual-mailman were never updated for newlist because
>of the permissions error. Run Mailman's bin/genaliases to rebuild these.

>Or, possibly newlist was never created because of the error. Does
>bin/list_lists show it?

I ran genaliases and there was no output (hopefully a good thing). The list does show up on list_lists and the addresses are in the virtual-aliases table.

Mail to the list still was not being accepted by the mail server. I deleted the list and recreated it an did not receive the "bug in Mailman" screen. Mailman did send me an email telling me that the list was created, and when I added another email address of mine to the list, it sent an email to that address as well. However, it is still not accepting emails from the subscribed email address.

Kevin