[Mailman-Users] Mailman CGI error

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Feb 20 20:45:39 CET 2015

On 02/20/2015 10:52 AM, Kumar Pradeep (Ops) wrote:

> As I checked the /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf file, We have specified user and group as
>

> User apache
> Group apache

Could this be overridden somewhere, perhaps in an included file?

Also, do you encounter this group mismatch error on all Mailman web CGI
accesses, or just on mmsearch?

> We have added mailman user to apache group.

As I said in my prior reply, this is irrelevant. See the FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/4030645> for an explanation of what's going on.

The wrapper itself is executing as effective group mailman regardless of
how it is invoked because it is group Mailman and SETGID, but it
checking the real group under which it is invoked for security purposes.
Other groups that the invoking user may belong to are irrelevant to this
process.

(Please keep this thread on the list, unless your message contains
confidential information.)