[Mailman-Users] From munging to show user via listname

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Feb 19 00:04:24 CET 2015

On 02/18/2015 01:39 PM, Bryan Blackwell wrote:

> Both lists are on the same host, same domain, and both have anonymous_list set to "No".
>
> I forgot to mention, I'm on Mailman version 2.1.18-1.

Assuming the original From: address was not already the list, I can't
see why the second list should not have 'From: Posters Name via listname
<list address>'. Even if there is no poster's name because From: is just
user at example.com and the user has no real name configured in the list or
is not a member, the From: should be 'user--- via listname <list address>'.

If you have command line access, you could try running 'bin/config_list
-o fname listname' on both lists and diff the results.