[Mailman-Users] Creating offline archives?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Feb 18 23:40:50 CET 2015

On 02/18/2015 01:39 PM, David Frascone wrote:

> Sorry -- I wasn't being clear.  I want to generate a HTML archive that I
> can host elsewhere, on a server that knows nothing about mailman or
> mail-archive.com <http://mail-archive.com>.

Mailman's bin/arch tool will generate a static HTML archive from a mbox,
but it won't or at least shouldn't be any different than what's already
in archives/private/LISTNAME/

These archivers:

    MHonArc: http://www.mhonarc.org/
    HyperMail: http://www.hypermail-project.org/
    HyperKitty: https://hyperkitty.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

may also do that. There may be others.

You mentioned attachments in your OP. Assuming your list's
scrub_nondigest setting is No, the
archives/private/LISTNAME.mbox/LISTNAME.mbox has everything including
attachments.