[Mailman-Users] Internationalisation bug in 2.1.15

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Fri Feb 6 18:34:42 CET 2015

Recently Tin Tvrtković tried to subscribe to the pypy-dev mailing list.

He got the "Bug in Mailman version 2.1.15 We're sorry, we hit a bug!" message.
When he tried to reply to the confirmation message, he got it again.

It looks like it could possibly be this 10 year old bug that Mark was
unable to reproduce at the time ....
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/266223

but we don't have a traceback, so maybe not.

We can reproduce the problem all we like; it is with the last character
in Tin's name, which is  U+0107.  Tin is Croatian, so I assume that is what
his character set is on his machine, but I get this here, too.  pypy-dev
is configured with a default lanaguage of English(USA).

Should I make a bug report, or is this already fixed in later versions
of mailman?

Laura Creighton