[Mailman-Users] Mailman on Google App

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Wed Feb 4 23:10:42 CET 2015

In a message of Wed, 04 Feb 2015 15:50:54 -0600, cha charle writes:
>Hi,
>
>Thanks for your quick reply; then is it possible to continue run a Mailman
>server and still have my email move to Google App. Thanks!
>
>On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 1:42 PM, Laura Creighton <lac at openend.se> wrote:
>
>> Unless Google App Engine has changed recently, it cannot receive any
>> mail at all.  So you need to move your mailing list software to
>> someplace else, mailman friendly.  There is no hope of doing what you
>> want.
>>
>> Sorry about that,
>> Laura  Creighton

I don't know what you mean by 'have my email move to Google App'.  As far
as I know, you cannot have your email move to Google app engine, at all,
period, and this is the #1 limitation of such a thing.  So you move your
mailing list software someplace else that is mailman-friendly, and then
you run the rest of your app with AppEngine, assuming this is what you
want to do.

Someone will correct me if things have changed since the last time I
looked.

Laura Creighton