[Mailman-Users] Help with regular expression filters

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Feb 4 15:04:07 CET 2015

Malcolm Austen writes:

 > What I would really like is a (simple) way to trap the absence of a
 > subject header but I think, we can (understandably) only trap on the
 > content of something that is present :-(

As a workaround, procmail supports negative assertions of that kind:

:0:
* ! ^Subject
no-subject-bitbucket

would do what you want.  That may not be acceptable to you, of course,
depending on the facilities available to you, or convenience.  Just
throwing it out there, somebody might find it useful.

I don't think it would be hard to add this feature if there's no way
to do it, although Mark may not want to do it in 2.1.x.  Wait for Mark
and if he says it can't be done in current Mailman, I'd suggest filing
an RFE at https://launchpad.net/mailman.

Steve