[Mailman-Users] mails send from sendmail with commandline to mailman become 'Message has implicit destination'

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Dec 27 23:10:09 EST 2015

I wrote:

> Further, I asked you
>
>> Also please do both of the following commands exactly as shown:
>>
>> echo "test message 1" | mail -s 'test mail 1' -r mark at msapiro.net mark at msapiro.net
>> echo "test message 2" | mail -s 'test mail 2' mark at msapiro.net
>

> If you have done that, I didn't get the resultant mail.

OK, I got the mails and they both have the expected To: and Subject:
headers.

So, if you are certain that the issue is 'Message has implicit
destination', then I think the issue is that the mail to the list that
doesn't work is not addressed to the address that the list thinks is the
list address. I.e. it is addressed to some other address that winds up
at that list by aliasing/forwarding.

Go to the list's web admin interface and look at Privacy options... ->
Recipient filters. Read that page and also the pages at the (Details for
require_explicit_destination) and (Details for acceptable_aliases) links.

That should explain what's happening and what you can do about it.

If on the other hand, the message is held for something like "post by
non-member ..." look at Privacy options... -> Sender filters.

I am done for today and going fishing tomorrow. I'll be back here in
about 20 hours.