[Mailman-Users] Many users unsubscribed at once (not by me)

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Dec 13 13:56:33 EST 2015

On 12/13/2015 10:35 AM, Larry Kuenning wrote:

> And Hal's report suggests that this is now happening not only with AOL
> and Yahoo (which started this practice in April 2014) but with messages
> originating on Hotmail as well.

No. Hal's report only said that most of the unsubscribed user's were
hotmail. It said nothing about the From: domain of the posts that were
bounced.

In fact, the fact that almost all the unsubscribed users were hotmail
makes it seem that this is not DMARC, but more likely hotmail
(Microsoft) blocking the sending IP.

> Can anyone check that Hotmail has
> published a "p=reject" DMARC policy?

See my reply to your other post