[Mailman-Users] Many users unsubscribed at once (not by me)

Jayson Smith jaybird at bluegrasspals.com
Sun Dec 13 08:50:58 EST 2015

Hi,

The problem isn't with Mailman receiving unwanted messages. The problem
is that Mailman is trying to deliver outbound messages, and is having
problems, messages are being returned as undeliverable. Everything in
Mailman is working properly up to the point where messages are being
bounced. This could be for a number of reasons. Some users might have
outdated addresses, in which case messages would be bounced back with
errors similar to "No such user" or "User unknown." Some people may have
full mailboxes. But the more likely problem, since you're having many
issues come up all at once is that there's a problem between your server
and the destination mail server for those messages. It could be that the
DMARC settings in Mailman aren't set correctly and those servers are
rejecting messages they don't like, or it could be that your server's IP
address has somehow received a bad reputation, and certain mail servers
will reject all mail from your server, regardless of sender, recipient,
or content.

Jayson