[Mailman-Users] Many users unsubscribed at once (not by me)

Hal my_list_address at yahoo.no
Sun Dec 13 05:55:24 EST 2015

On 13/12/2015 11:14, Hal wrote:
> On 12/12/2015 23:04, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>> On 12/12/2015 01:46 PM, Hal wrote:
>>> Today I received 18 unsubscribe notification mesages, each one telling
>>> me that "name at addr.ess has been removed from my_list_name".
>
>> If they were sent at 09:00 server time (that's the default, but it could
>> be different) They were almost certainly unsubscribes done by Mailman's
>> cron/disabled job.
>
> Thanks -Yes, that's right! 09.00 at the server's time.

> Seeing that 17 out of those 18 unsubscribed messages were sent from
> Hotmail I can only assume the above was what happened. Next I will
> locate the other instance I had of automated removals to see if there's
> a similar pattern there.

I found the previous instance (actually a couple of other instances)
when list members had automatically been removed at 09:00, but I didn't
see any pattern in the addresses as they were all different.
Still, I suppose I should just turn the automatic removal option off so
this won't ever happen again.

Hal