[Mailman-Users] feature request

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Dec 7 17:39:42 EST 2015

On 12/07/2015 01:54 PM, Steven Jones wrote:

> It is an emergency mailing list that only gets used in a major emergency,  19000 subscribers.  We dont really care who subscribes but we dont want "important" ppl un-subscribing and then complaining they didnt get teh emergency email down the track.

You could always set Privacy options... -> Subscription rules ->
unsubscribe_policy to Yes. Then admins would have to approve
unsubscribes and could just not approve those of "important" people.

Of course, those people can potentially figure out they can't
unsubscribe and set themselves to "no mail" instead.

It's difficult to solve social problems with technology.