[Mailman-Users] feature request

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Dec 7 16:31:37 EST 2015

On 12/06/2015 06:06 PM, Steven Jones wrote:
> "Should administrator get notices of subscribes and unsubscribes? "
>

> Would it be possible to split these as our list admins would like to see unsubscribes but not subscribes.

There are no plans to implement such a split in official MM 2.1
releases, but if you wanted to implement it, it could be simple
depending on what you wanted to do.

I.e. if you just wanted to modify the code so that admin_notify_mchanges
meant "unsubscribes only", you could just find the two lines

        if admin_notif is None:
            admin_notif = self.admin_notify_mchanges

about 20 lines below the start of the definition of ApprovedAddMember in
Mailman/MailList.py and delete them.

Actually splitting the switches into admin_notify_subscribes and
admin_notify_unsubscribes is more complicated and involves changes to
multiple modules.