[Mailman-Users] View a user's subscription options

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Dec 2 14:59:31 EST 2015

On 12/01/2015 05:23 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> On 12/01/2015 08:51 AM, Gretchen R Beck wrote:
>> Is there a command line script that can be used to view an individual user's subscription options for a specific list?
>

> I'm not aware of one, but it is fairly simple to do. I'm willing to add
> it to the collection at <https://www.msapiro.net/scripts/>, but what do
> you want in the way of output. Presumably the input would be something like
>
> get_user_options listname user at example.com
>
> but what kind of output are you looking for? What fields and in what format?

Based on a reply from Gretchen, I have implemented a first cut at this.
The script can be found at
<https://www.msapiro.net/scripts/user_options> (mirrored at
<http://fog.ccsf.edu/~msapiro/scripts/user_options>). The script
displays essentially all the user information on the user's options page
including optionally the password.

To use it, download it to Mailman's bin/ directory, make sure it has
execute permission and then run 'bin/user_options -h' for more info.

Comments welcome.