[Mailman-Users] importing archived Maildir email lists into Mailman lists archives

[IDIS Technical Secretariat] Ricardo Rodríguez ricardo.rodriguez at idisantiago.es
Mon Aug 31 14:58:51 CEST 2015

Thanks Mark, all,

On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 4:09 AM, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

> On 08/28/2015 12:52 AM, [IDIS Technical Secretariat] Ricardo Rodríguez
> wrote:
> >
> > I have a number of Maildir format mailing lists archives and I would like
> > to add them to the archives of the same lists created in a new Mailman
> > installation.
>

> This search
> <https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=convert+maildir+to+mbox> should
> return something useful.

This has been more or less my entry point to this issue. Perhaps I've not
been able to explain the issue correctly or I'm missing something. What I'm
looking to move into mbox is a set of archives of Maildir mailing lists.
Those archives don't contain new, cur and tmp folders all the scripts I've
spotted at looked for. This is the structure of each archived email list
folder I have here...

Ricardo-Rodriguezs-Mac-Pro:r.users rrodriguez$ ls
Log bounce digissue headerremove lock mod outlocal remote
allow bouncer dignum indexed lockbounce modsub owner subscribers
archive config editor inlocal mailinglist num prefix text
archived digest headeradd key manager outhost public tstdig

Within /archive, there are two folders, 0 and 1, with a number of files,
each of them containing one message, and an index file.

Please, does this made sense for you? Am I completely lost? How could I
deal with this "archives" to move them to mbox files and get them imported
our brand new Mailman server?

Thank you very much for your help!

Ricardo

> --

Ricardo Rodríguez
Research Management and Promotion Technician
Technical Secretariat
Health Research Institute of Santiago de Compostela (IDIS)
http://www.idisantiago.es