[Mailman-Users] How to prevent messages from being "held"

Ralf G. R. Bergs Ralf+MailMan at bergs.biz
Fri Aug 28 21:42:22 CEST 2015

Hi Carl.

Thanks for your response.

On 2015-08-28 21:05 , Carl Zwanzig wrote:
> On 8/25/2015 4:29 AM, Ralf G. R. Bergs wrote:
>> I'm struggling since a while since MailMan will sometimes put messages
>> into the "Held" queue even though I did my very best to set all config
>> options so that MailMan won't... :-(
>
> Please tell us what mailman says about them being held- are they
> over-size, implicit destinations, from a non-subscriber on a closed
> list, etc? There's usually a reason, although it's not always clear
> what that reason is.
It's always the following:
> SpamAssassin identified this message as possible spam
I've checked all config options for that ML many times, everything is
set up as "openly" as possible. I've even an entry in
header_filter_rules for "Accept" for regexp "^From:.*" -- still it
happens once in a while that messages get trapped as purported "spam"...

Regardless of what SA thinks about a message, I want Mailman to
distribute it to all subs...

Kind regards,

Ralf