[Mailman-Users] Why do my posts to own mailman list disappear.

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Mon Aug 24 06:34:18 CEST 2015

Paul Arenson/tokyoprogressive writes:

 > Right. I received it.

 > I responded once from the same account.  And once from the
 > Tokyoprogressive account.

To "steve at turnbull.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp"?

I don't see either one yet, but that could be my network.  The
university just upgraded the network and past experience suggests
things are likely to be unreliable here until New Year's.

If you got (temporary) bounces sending to "stephen at xemacs.org", that
is probably due to "greylisting" (an antispam measure) at xemacs.org.

 > No, and everything I do though in mailman is in the mailman
 > program.  Almost never touch cpanel.

OK, that's helpful to know in general, although it doesn't change any
immediate diagnosis.

 > On my Mac in my mail client. There is a web interface in cpanel,
 > but I have rarely used it.

Is your mail client configured to use those hosts (that would be very
unusual), or just your local ISP connection?

 > In Cpanel they have something called Softaculous. Previously they
 > used something called Fantastico. I guess they are a collection of
 > auto installers. So you can find Joomla, Mailman, etc. all located
 > there.

I see.  Love people who care more about names than functionality, but
I guess that's the marketing department.  I'll see if your mail comes
through in the next few hours.

Steve