[Mailman-Users] Why do my posts to my own mailman list disappear.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Aug 20 18:43:28 CEST 2015

On 08/20/2015 04:37 AM, Paul Arenson/tokyoprogressive wrote:
> I have had my own mailman list for two years. Recently, messages I sent to the list neither appeared (when sent from my regular email account), nor generated a message that the message was being held for moderation, when sent from another email account.

If the messages are reaching Mailman, they are being discarded.

> I have no clue. Well, just one really. Recently I have had so many spam messages, dealt with by banning or automatically rejecting, am am wondering if I somehow automatically deleted my own info.
>
> If so, is there any way to check and remedy?

Discards are logged in Mailman's vette log with the Message-ID of the
discarded message.

Discards can occur for these reasons:
1)Message From: a domain with a DMARC reject or quarantine policy and
dmarc_moderation_action = Discard.
2)Message matches a header_filter_rules rule with discard action.
3)Message from a moderated member and member_moderation_action = Discard.
4)Message from a non-member in discard_these_nonmembers or with
generic_nonmember_action = Discard.
5)Message empty after content filtering and filter_action = Discard.
6)If scrub_nondigest is Yes and mm_cfg.ARCHIVE_HTML_SANITIZER = 0 and
the message's Content-Type is text/html.

In your case, 2) seems most likely.