[Mailman-Users] Postfix with MySQL

Martin Skjöldebrand martin at skjoldebrand.eu
Sat Aug 15 08:25:52 CEST 2015

Hi,

I've been looking at the mailman installation instructions and
obviously in my installation mailman isn't correctly integrated with
Postfix. Postfix is the host for 4-5 domains of which 1 (or at most 3)
would be using masiling lists. (I can run all on one domain as well).
In the instruction it says that you should do to postfix main.cf:

virtual_alias_maps = <your normal virtual alias files>,
        hash:/usr/local/mailman/data/virtual-mailman

while editing mm_cfg.py to include

POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['dom2.ain', 'dom3.ain']

As my Postfix installation uses MySQL as a backend it all become
slightly confusing. And in the end when trying to send mail to the
list I get 550 errors says the virtual address isn't found.

Is there a pointer to a Postfix w/ MySQL and mailman resource? Apart
from http://wiki.list.org/DOC/Mailman%20-%20Postfix%20integration%20wi
th%20Mailman%20generated%20transport%20or%20other%20maps

For one thing I'm not sure that I understand
"Create /path/to/data/virtual_to_transport with the following content
sed -r -e 's/(^[^#]\S+\s+).+$/\1local:/' $1 \
 > /path/to/data/transport-mailman
/usr/sbin/postmap /path/to/data/transport-mailman"

Should that create a virtual_to_transport from these statements? Or
should I first create the file and then feed it with the above? Also
I'm not altogether certain that it covers mysql-based postfix setups.

/Martin S