[Mailman-Users] Getting back to default settings

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Aug 8 02:47:09 CEST 2015

On 08/03/2015 01:20 AM, Nick Stevens via Mailman-Users wrote:
> Hi All,
> I was experimenting with settings to try and sort out attachments, and I've
> completely lost track of what I have changed.
>
> I think a good starting point would be to get back to defaults on
> everything.
>
> Is there a quick way to do that?
> Or failing that somewhere I can find the defaults listed, so I can do it
> manually?

I suggest creating a new list and then running bin/config_list to dump
the settings. This will give you a file with defaults which you can just
edit to remove the list specific settings such as real_name[1] and then
use bin/config_list to apply those defaults to your list and then remove
the newly created list.

[1] You can just remove the things you don't want to change. config_list
doesn't change anything not mentioned in its input.