[Mailman-Users] Icons, email and list creation oh my!

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Apr 23 17:41:06 CEST 2015

On 04/23/2015 05:52 AM, Dr. Mikeal Hughes wrote:
> 1. The icons are
> not showing up on the bottom of the Web pages. I went to an old help
> screen in the mailman home page to find it out dated.

Please provide the URL of this page so I can fix it if it's wrong or
misleading.

> I typed in the
> directory /usr/local/apache/icons to the merriment of no such file or
> directory. Ok that must have been for apache 1 or something. So I
> need to find out where the icons are located now and where I need to
> put them for mailman to pick them up.

The Icons are in Mailman's misc/ directory. Where you have to copy them
is to the directory Apache looks in for /icons/ URLs. Check your Apache
config.

> 2. Issue two - The email
> address that appears on the Welcome page for people to send mail to
> is wrong. It should be mail at biblematters.net
> instead it is
> mail at www.biblematters.net <mailto:mail at www.biblematters.net> where do
> I go to get rid of the www out of the address?

See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/4030592>. Don't overlook running
fix_url as mentioned in the "Existing versus new lists" section. (Also
see <http://wiki.list.org/x/4030616>.)

> 3. And finally, drum
> roll please, I can’t create a new list through the Web portal. I get
> an error that I am not authorized to do so.

Assuming you used bin/mmsitepass to set a site and/or list creator
password and are authenticating with that, see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/4030613>.