[Mailman-Users] DMARC documentation lacking

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Apr 23 11:05:20 CEST 2015

Fil writes:
 > On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 7:29 AM, Fil <fil at rezo.net> wrote:
 >
 > > 1) how to add a default value in mm_cfg.py
 > > from the release notes I guess it's something like
 > > DEFAULT_DMARC_MODERATION_ACTION = 1 # Munge
 > >

 > just to be clear: this line doesn't seem to bring anything to
 > exiting lists, which behave normal unless I go and set up
 > /mailman/admin/${LISTNAME}/?VARHELP=general/from_is_list

That's normal behavior for Mailman configuration.  The "DEFAULT_"
variables are used at list creation time only, I beleve.

I suppose the rationale is that you really don't want all your
existing lists to suddenly *change* behavior because you change the
default.  Perhaps we could have a DEFAULT (for creation time) and a
FALLBACK (for lists without a specific setting).