[Mailman-Users] Disable auto-responder for some From adresses

Vincent Le Gallic legallic+python at crans.org
Thu Apr 9 12:57:13 CEST 2015

Hello,

I asked on the freenode.#mailman channel and got kindly redirected here.
I searched the FAQ and the archive for something related but could not
find it.

I have a list, say paperwork at lists.domain.tld, that has auto-responder
activated, to reply
"oh, don't forget to send us copy/paste-able bank information, or your
demand will not be considered".
Then, I develop an interface that is sending sometimes monitoring
information to paperwork at dlists.domain.tld, from an adress
admin-interface at domain.tld

I would like mailman to send the auto-response message to everyone but
admin-interface at domain.tld (the interface admin, aka myself, doesn't
care about these warnings).
>From what I've been told on IRC, there is currently no way to do this
properly on Mailman 2.1.15 (I'm on wheezy), but might be in Mailman 3.

Do you have any workaround to suggest ?
I could, on my side, drop the mails coming as auto-response, but I find
this a bit dirty, plus I'm not the only admin.
I could make the interface send mails from a bogus adress, but if the
guys on paperwork at dlists.omain.tld want to answer, they would speak into
void.
I've found the option to send only auto-response messages in N days, but
that's global to every adress sender.

Am I trying to do this the wrong way ?

I hope I've enclosed every needed information related to my problem, if
you need more context or software versions, I could provide them.

Thankfully,
--
20-100
Hope this isn't duplicate, I've had trouble with sender adress.

Apologies for any mistake, english is not my native language.