[Mailman-Users] What would your dream Mailman web interface look like?

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Thu Apr 9 03:07:52 CEST 2015

On Wed, Apr 08, 2015 at 09:29:23AM -0400, Jim Popovitch wrote:

> So, you do want to see the HTML content before it is interpreted by
> your computer?  :-)

As HTML is not executable code, "interpreted" is a misleading word to
use. But taking it in the loosest possible way, no, of course not. I
have no desire to see raw HTML content, I want my browser to render it,
I never said differently.

> Look, your JS vs HTML argument is cloudy at best.  :-)

I'm sorry that neither I, nor the existence of Javascript malware, have
not been able to convince you that there is a large difference between
rendering a HTML document and executing code.

I am happy for you to continue allowing Javascript to run in your
browser, and you should be happy to allow me to disable it by default
even if you think I'm being silly. All I asked for is that Mailman's web
UI should degrade gracefully when Javascript is turned off. Is that so
wrong?

--
Steve