[Mailman-Users] What would your dream Mailman web interface look like?

Steven Clift slc at publicus.net
Tue Apr 7 22:05:44 CEST 2015

As someone who raised this issue 15 years ago and was seriously
rebuffed with lots of notes that said essentially "this is a mailing
list and not a web forum" I then started looking elsewhere.

Anyway, my NGO has put a lot into our web interface for our primarily
email based set of neighborhood forums built on GPL GroupServer:

   http://forums.e-democracy.org

Kick the tires and "steal" as much as you can for Mailman.

I'd check out what other mail-centric platforms have also developed like:
http://wordsandwriting.github.io/lumen/
http://DGroups.org
https://www.sympa.org/

Personally, it would be great to see all these "open source" mailing
list projects work together ... despite the different code bases. Our
members increasingly expect Facebook Groups like experiences and
discovery of new groups to join, etc. ... and I don't see how we
attract the next generation of users without upgrading our web-based
design and engagement (why still preserving full email participation).