[Mailman-Users] What would your dream Mailman web interface look like?

Lucio Chiappetti lucio at lambrate.inaf.it
Tue Apr 7 18:31:34 CEST 2015

Sorry if I enter now in the thread at an arbitrary point.

Sincerely I'm rather happy with the *current* mailman interface, and in
particular I'm used to it.

Considered that there should be quite a large base of mailman lists
around, that they are unlikely to migrate to a new UI soon, and that list
administrator tasks are something one does rather seldom ...

... e.g. I administrate a very small list (10 subscribers) on my machine
(probably will add a couple soon), I moderate a quite larger (>1000
subscribers) nationwide on a server in another city, and administrate a
couple intermediate ones (~300 and >20 subscribers) in another continent,
while I do not count the lists I'm subscribed as a user ...

... and the frequency of access as archive user / moderating out spam /
customizing my user profile / customizing list parameters / initial setup
of a list goes in decreasing order ...

... my main requisite would be that any new mailman UI remains as close as
possible to the current one (or has a way to revert to it) !!!

Possibly the only real "improvement" (change) I'd like would be in the way
to go through the subscriber list (e.g. scroll alphabetically, or search
users who have a specific flag settings).