[Mailman-Users] N00b with a CGI error

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Apr 2 23:48:48 CEST 2015

On 04/02/2015 02:08 PM, brads wrote:
> The message was garbled because the output was garbled

So something was REALLY broken.

> I was able to get past that issue by loading the cgi modules in the php.ini. A slight oversight.
>
> But I have encountered a new issue that is baffling me.
> I can get to the 'create list page'  (lacking authorization granted)  http://i.imgur.com/ySpziHH.png

By what URL?

> But I cannot get to the admin overview page  http://i.imgur.com/beC58Wv.png

And what URL here? The one I see in the screen shot doesn't work for me.

> Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong now?

I have no idea because the Mailman I know has no involvement with php so
I have no clue as to what you are doing or what your web server
configuration is.

<http://www.list.org/mailman-install/node10.html> may help.

Have you set up your web server per
<http://www.purplehat.org/?page_id=18>? At first glance, it looks OK
except for representing '"' as '&#34' without a trailing ';' and the
fact that DocumentRoot paths aren't usually quoted and of course the
fact that things like 'domain.tld' need to be edited.