[Mailman-Users] I'd prefer clients had collapsing features, not top-post; do away with mailing list digests

Mike Starr mike at writestarr.com
Thu Apr 2 20:18:22 CEST 2015

A couple points on top-posting...

I'm a top-poster and not ashamed of it. If I'm following a message
thread, I remember the discussion and don't want to have to scroll
through a weeks worth of responses just to get to the new content.

Some email clients strip all but the first message below the signature
of the new message being created as a reply. That pretty much demolishes
the rest of the message thread. In the case of responding to a full
message thread, that means only the original post would be included with
the reply.

In this response (using Thunderbird), I highlighted the text I wanted to
respond to before clicking *Reply List* and Thunderbird only included
the highlighted text below this response. That puts the pertinent
content right below my reply.

Best Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Starr, Writer
Technical Writer   -    Online Help Developer   -   WordPress Websites