[Mailman-Users] MM stats question and a moderation issue

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Sep 17 02:05:44 CEST 2014

On 09/16/2014 03:23 PM, James Nightly wrote:
> Can MM generate some type of statistics for all the lists, e.g. number of
> messages per week, month, most frequent posters, which list has most
> traffic etc.?

It's all in Mailman's 'post' log, but beyond what's in the contrib/mmdsr
script report (in the source tarball) you need to do your own analysis.

> All of our lists are setup where members can post, other (non-members) are
> moderated. After updating to  2.1.18-1 and config_list -i all of the
> settings the member posts to the list that they are subscribed to require
> moderator approval too. Maybe a setting didn't get imported, I'm not sure.
> Any ideas where/what to check? I would like members to be able to post
> without approval, and non-members to go to queue for moderation.

I'm not sure why you did config_list. If you were upgrading an existing
install, this was unnecessary.

What is the reason (from the admindb interface or the held message
notice or Mailman's vette log) why the post is held?